Historic Homes of Longmeadow


417 Longmeadow Street (#11 The Albert Wood American Legion Hall -1855)  

In 1855 this brick structure was built as a school house. It served as a school house for more than 50 years unti11906. After 1894, when East Longmeadow became an independent town, the building was used as the Longmeadow town hall. A steel and concrete vault was installed at that time to hold town records. In 1908 it served as town election headquarters and a small jail section was added. Shortly after the new town hall was completed, the Albert P. Wood Post of the American Legion Association moved in. Currently the building hosts several town organizations.

[Photo contributed by Chris Hall]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]