Samuel Booth built this Greek Revival style house in
1861 as a wedding present for his only son, David. In the attic carved on
the fourth beam from the south corner is the following inscription: "This
house built July 1st, Sept. 17th, 1861 by S. C. Booth for his only sone D.
Booth ae 24 who married Sept. 27th 1861 S. S. Davidson ae 24, Sterling
Mas.". David Booth was named for his grandfather who was one of the
earliest school masters in Longmeadow in the late 18th century.
Descendants of David Booth occupied the house for 114 years.