Historic Homes of Longmeadow
 

777 Longmeadow Street (#39 The Old Parsonage -1857)

In 1857 First Church parish voted to build a parsonage on the site of the Rev. Stephen Williams' original home (near where the Community House now stands). It housed ministers from its inception until 1917, when Rev. Henry Bailey retired. It has since served as quarters for church school classes and as the residence for the church caretakers. It was moved to its current location in 1921. This house features the tall first floor windows, massive roof brackets, and extended eave overhang typical of classic Italianate styling. It currently serves as a Montessori school.

[Photo contributed by Rachel Port]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]