Originally this house, built by Asa Colton in 1775,
stood on the site of Center School Annex, the northernmost section of the
existing school. Structural features (for example, the different heights
of the second floor windows) suggest that the house was added onto in
different periods. Note the fine decorative slate roof. A prominent Civil
War Veteran, Daniel Burbank, lived here.