Historic Homes of Longmeadow
 

918 Longmeadow Street (#57 The Horatio Coomes House -1840)

The bricks used in the construction of this house undoubtedly came from the brickyard owned by Horatio Coomes. The brickyard was located in the vicinity of what is now Morningside Drive. The house was built in 1840 and shows early Italianate style with extended eaves and decorative chimneys.

[Photo contributed by Rachel Port]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]