This house was originally part of the house that is now
1183 Longmeadow Street. The house was built in 1790. In 1917 the house was
moved from the western side of Longmeadow Street to the eastern part.
During the move, the house fell apart. Both sections were placed on the
eastern side of the street, side by side. This is another example of how
frequently homes were relocated in Longmeadow, the “Town of Walking