This house was built in 1790 by Ashael Colton. In 1917
the house was moved from the west to the east side of the street. The
southeast section split apart and now stands on the next lot. During the
1930's this house was appointed as the Transfer House on the streetcar
route between Springfield and Enfield. Of special note is the magnificent
antique barn behind the house.