This distinctive house was built in 1782 by Samuel Keep.
A stylish Victorian porch was added in 1902. The windows facing the street
were no doubt altered at about the same time. The original owner was a
descendent of the Keep family, one of Longmeadow’s oldest. He served in
the Revolutionary War and farmed a large tract of land paralleling
Longmeadow Street. Later inhabitants, the Allens, maintained a sizable
dairy farm serving Longmeadow and Springfield from 1890 to 1910.