Historic Homes of Longmeadow


1587 Longmeadow Street (#71 The Charles Allen House -1873)  

Built in 1873 this house combines Greek Revival and Victorian features. The first floor contains elongated windows and a stylish bay window. It was constructed on property owned by George Allen for his son Charles. Charles Allen, once the town postmaster, was a grocer and butcher. He operated a farm on the property until the early 20th century.

[Photo contributed by Chris Hall]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]