Historic Homes of Longmeadow


1596 Longmeadow Street (#72 The Walter Bliss House - 1785/1831?)

This small Greek Revival house was built sometime between 1785 and 1831, probably by Walter Bliss. The land originally was owned by the Colton family. In the late 1860's the property was a prosperous dairy farm that supplied all of Longmeadow and much of Springfield with dairy products.

[Photo contributed by Chris Hall]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]