This house is built in the classic Greek Revival style
with a gable facing the street, columns at the corner and symmetrical
windows with blinds. The fireplace features a bake oven. The house was
built circa 1855 by Homer Merriam, brother of the founders of G&C Merriam
Publishing Company. It was sold in 1864 to Leon Dumon and has remained in
his family ever since. The land was farmed until the 1940's but the
original barn that stood behind the house has been removed. The house was
renovated and an addition was made by the present owners.