Historic Homes of Longmeadow


315 Longmeadow Street (#9 The Amos Parker House -1820)

Amos Parker, a farmer, built this Greek Revival house in 1820. It was successively owned by David Parsons (1839) and George Hooker (1855). The house was used as an orphanage for some time. In 1922 it was leased to the Episcopal Church. The farmland south of the house was eventually sold to make room for the building of  St. Andrew's Episcopal Church.

[Photo contributed by Chris Hall]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]