Historic Homes of Longmeadow
 

679 Longmeadow Street (#25 The Goodman House -1875 or Before)

Originally the house on this land was the home of the Lawton School, which burned in about 1870. The present house was built in 1875 by William Goodman. It is a good example of late Greek Revival architecture so popular in that period. The gable end of the house faces front and contains the front door. Columns flanking the sides of the building and decorating the entry way are modeled after classic Greek architectural features.

[Photo contributed by Rachel Port]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]


click to view