This home, built in 1832, is a fine example of
eclecticism in New England architecture. In classic Federal style it is
built of bricks with four tall chimneys to service interior fireplaces.
The gable end faces the street and is embellished with a beautiful
elliptical fan, in typical Greek Revival form. The symmetry of the windows
is Georgian in character. The delicate ironwork was added in the late 19th
century. Situated on the Green next to Stephen Williams' home (which was
destroyed by fire in 1846. The Community House current stands
approximately on the same site), this house was built on ministerial land
as the home of the Rev. Jonathan Condit. It was subsequently purchased by
Rev. Hubbard Beebe who lived here until 1840. It has been in the Cordis
family since 1845. In the 1880's a large wooden extension was added. In
the latter part of the 19th century the grounds were home to chickens,
cows, and horses and had extensive gardens, experimental fruit trees, a
greenhouse and even a windmill.