Historic Homes of Longmeadow
 
857 Longmeadow Street, Longmeadow, MA- Historic Homes of Longmeadow
857 Longmeadow Street (#49 The Old Pease House -Pre-1830)

The first person to own this house was a farmer named Skinner Coomes. His daughter married a farmer named Pease, and the house has since been referred to as the Old Pease House. Pease owned all of the land down Longfellow Drive. Sometime after it was built the Pease house was lifted up and rooms were built on what is now the first floor. The house used to have a porch extending across the whole front. When the porch was removed, the railing was reused at the house three doors away from this one.

[Photo contributed by Rachel Port]
[Text reprinted with permission from The Historic Homes of Longmeadow
1988 & 2012 Hall/Hayes - All Rights Reserved
]


click to view